keyWentDown and keyPressed events do not propagate from WTextEdit

Added by Laszlo Marak about 5 years ago

Hello, I am not sure if this is bugreport or a forum question.

I am making a web app, and I strongly want some features to be accessible through hot keys (keyboard shortcuts). I have a complex layout with mediaplayer and a texteditor in it (among many other widgets). I want to be able to start/stop the playback WITHOUT clicking. This is not a question about how to catch a propagating event from any container. The problem is the following: If I use WTextArea than the keyPressed and keyWentDown events both arrive in the event handler. If I, however use WTextEdit, no events arrive. WTextArea also has WInteractWidget as it's base, but apparently the events do not propagate from TinyMCE to the WInteractWidget. My question is:
1) is it a technical limitation of TinyMCE
2) is it a feature waiting to be implemented
3) is it a bug waiting to be reported

thank You for reading this.

Replies (3)

RE: keyWentDown and keyPressed events do not propagate from WTextEdit - Added by Laszlo Marak about 5 years ago

update:
It is possible that the keyPressedDown event does not propagate with TinyMCE 3. I have tried to update TinyMCE as I have managed to create a minimal example which propagates the keyPressedDown event (attached).
I think it is related, but I cannot start TinyMCE version 4.2.4 with witty. I change the properties in the xml, but witty is looking for a file named
tinymce.js

whereas we have a file named
tinymce.min.js

test.html Magnifier (586 Bytes)

RE: keyWentDown and keyPressed events do not propagate from WTextEdit - Added by Wim Dumon about 5 years ago

Laszlo,

From the top of my head, tinymce uses an iframe to render its contents, and events indeed don't propagate properly. I don't know if there is a way around this. To resolve the file name issue, you can probably simply rename tinymce.min.js to tinymce.js.

Wim.

RE: keyWentDown and keyPressed events do not propagate from WTextEdit - Added by Mark Petryk 2 months ago

I wanted to tap this thread and see if there is any way to get events from tinymce back in to Wt? If anyone has looked in to it yet or if it is at all possible?

(1-3/3)