WTextEdit / TinyMCE improvements
(Total: 0.00 h)
There have been some requests for improvements to TinyMCE (#11249 and #11267), so I'm creating this overarching issue to take a closer look at
WTextEdit to see if it can be modernized a bit.
This could include:
- Verifying that
WTextEditworks properly with all versions of TinyMCE >= 3? We know that 3 and 4 work, but I'm not 100% sure about the state of 5 and 6 support.
- Bundle TinyMCE 6 (MIT License) with Windows releases and JWt? JWt currently bundles 3 and 4, and Windows releases include TinyMCE 3.
- Breaking change: change the default TinyMCE version to 6? Alternatively, can we detect which version is being used?
- Have the deployed widget gallery (https://www.webtoolkit.eu/widgets/forms/line_text-editor and http://jwt.emweb.be/jwt-gallery/gallery/forms/line_text-editor) use TinyMCE 6
- Issue #11249: Support Wt::WTextEdit::setPlaceholderText
- Issue #11267: Support changing readonly state after editor is rendered.
Updated by Dries Mys 2 months ago
TinyMCE 5 seems to work properly.
+1 for switching to a new version by default. TinyMCE 3 and 4 our both End of Support (see https://www.tiny.cloud/docs/enterprise/system-requirements/#supportedtinymceversions).