Project

General

Profile

Bug #4607

[3.3.5.-rc2] JavaScript error "g is undefined"

Added by Markus Klemm about 6 years ago. Updated over 5 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Target version:
Start date:
12/04/2015
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:

Description

Using the nice new Wt 3.3.5 RC2, I encountered a bug, probably in the very nice and new interactive Wt::Chart::WCartesianChart section. (So in the javascript part, it seems)

I can reproduce the bug when I have enabled at least one of the interactive features, like Zoom, pan, the rubberband effect and the crosshair

and

my WCartesianChart will be updated with new data (although I didn't managed to locate particular part of the update which triggers the faulty JS part on the client, yet).

But my primary suspect is, when the diagrams model changes in a severe manner, like in my case, when it makes the following transitions:

- starts empty (headercount 0 , row count 0 (and also column count 0)

  • gets data (so row count >0)
  • empties data (so row count 0)
  • get data again (row count >0) ---> BOOM

The bug does not occur, when only the header/column data makes this transition, also title changes aren't a problem.

Tested with Firefox 32.0, InternetExplorer 11 and Google Chrome 47.

I attached the log and also a minidump, taken at the moment, when Wt streamed the javascript error into WLogger.


Files

mddb_web_javascript_bug_log.txt (1.64 MB) mddb_web_javascript_bug_log.txt Wt log Markus Klemm, 12/04/2015 05:16 PM
MDDB_Web_javascript_error_without_heap.dmp (106 KB) MDDB_Web_javascript_error_without_heap.dmp minidump Markus Klemm, 12/04/2015 05:16 PM
wt_internal_error_5_2_rc2.png (265 KB) wt_internal_error_5_2_rc2.png Screenshot Markus Klemm, 12/04/2015 05:18 PM
#1

Updated by Markus Klemm about 6 years ago

I forgot the screenshot of the client-side

#2

Updated by Bruce Toll about 6 years ago

NOTE: Issue 4608 may be related.

#3

Updated by Koen Deforche about 6 years ago

  • Status changed from New to InProgress
  • Assignee set to Michael Vilsker
  • Target version set to 3.3.5
#4

Updated by Koen Deforche about 6 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Michael Vilsker to Koen Deforche
#5

Updated by Koen Deforche about 6 years ago

  • Status changed from InProgress to Resolved

(Likely) solved by #4608 fix

#6

Updated by Markus Klemm almost 6 years ago

Yes 3.3.5 (> RC2) fixed this.

#7

Updated by Koen Deforche over 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed
  • Target version changed from 3.3.5 to 3.3.6

Also available in: Atom PDF